The Detecting Hidden skill allows the detection of hidden players and creatures and traps. The higher the skill, the higher the chance and the range where creatures and traps can be detected. Furthermore the Detecting Hidden Skill gives a bonus to the chance of successfully lockpicking a treasure chest.
- The radius of detection is based on your "Detect Hidden" skill. The radius you can detect hidden in will increase based on your skill, up to almost the full screen for a grandmaster.
- Better hiders will be harder to find than poor ones.
- The better you are at the "Detect Hidden" skill, the better you will be at finding even the better hiders. You can expect to be totally unable to find a grandmaster hider if you are just a neophyte at the skill.
- House owners will be able to instantly reveal anyone hidden in their house, regardless of skill level, on the grounds that they know their house better than any stranger. Using the Detect Hidden skill inside your own house will not make your skill rise.
- Having a high Detect Hidden skill helps to automatically reveal people that stealth in your vincinity.
- Raising Detect Hidden from 0 can be very cumbersome, it is advisable to buy the skill up to 30 before you start your training.
- Boxes, Chests, Crates, Barrels, Kegs and Fruit Bowls(!) can be trapped. (Rule of thumb: If it is a container, it might be trapped)
- To see if a container is trapped place it on the floor and use the Detect Hidden skill on the container or on the floor next to it. If the container is trapped and the skill is successful the words "[trapped]" will appear over it.
- The 3 types of container traps are displayed with a color when detected.
- - Purple for explosion traps.
- - Blue for dart traps or dart & explosion traps
- - Green for poison traps, poison & dart traps, poison & explosion traps or poison & dart & explosion traps (ouch!).
- Container traps can do up to 150 points of damage.
- The Detect Hidden skill is required to open some of the more difficult chests that are found by using a Treasure Map. yet the use of the telekinesis spell is a simply alternative to set off traps
- Using the detect hidden skill inside a house you own will search for hidden people instead of detecting traps.
- Tip: Use Detect Hidden several times on a container to really make sure it is not trapped, you may miss the trap in the first tries.
- Tip: Detecting Hidden on a stack of trapped containers will make your skill go up faster as the Detect Hidden skill is invoked once for every container that is checked.
- All dungeons can spawn the following traps at random locations: Floor saw trap, floor spike trap, poison gas trap and exploding mushroom trap. The deeper you descend into a dungeon, the more powerful the traps will be.
- Freestanding traps in dungeons are invisible until detected, and when found become visible to all.
- Dungeon traps can do up to 60 points of damage.
- At higher skill levels, merely coming close to simpler dungeon traps will result in "trap here" appearing over the invisible trap. Only the player with high skill will see these messages, though! The trap must be revealed by using the Remove Trap skill for others to see it
- Revealed dungeon traps will disappear after a few minutes.
With its 10 seconds delay, Detecting Hidden is usually a slow gaining skill. However it is possible to have multiple gain-chances per try, if you set up a couple of trapped boxes close to each other. With 20-30 boxes the skill begins to skyrocket after around 50 skillpoints. For this method a house is almost mandatory, since everywhere else the boxes are subject to decay or thievery. Since the Detect Hidden skill is one of those skills house-owners, co-owners and friends can use at a 100% chance and thus have no skill gain, you have to ensure to be neither owner, co-owner nor friend of the house, and the character must not be on the same account as the house-owner.
Use skill:Detect hidden Wait for Target (timeout in 1 second) Absolute target : The box on the floor